In celebration of Oscar-winning actress Olivia de Havilland’s 100th birthday on July 1, the Traverse City Film Festival created a special cocktail menu in her honor. The Traverse City Film Festival cocktail menu is available at The Franklin and Trattoria Stella in Traverse City.
Olivia de Havilland appeared in 49 films including Gone With the Wind and The Heiress, won two Oscars for best actress, and wrote a best-selling memoir.
The Olivia de Havilland Cocktail will be served at the private Filmmaker Loft during the festival and is currently available to the public at The Franklin on Front Street and Trattoria Stella in the Grand Traverse Commons.
Having a movie night? Make the cocktail at home using the recipe below!
The Olivia de Havilland
- 6 parts Mammoth “Old Dam” Gin
- 6 parts Wolf Moon Hibiscus
- 1 part simple syrup
- 7 parts distilled water
- 1 fresh mint leaf for every ounce of cocktail
Mix all ingredients and chill. Serve well chilled or on the rocks.
– Traverse City Film Festival Cocktail Menu –
In addition to the Olivia de Havilland cocktail, these six Olivia-inspired drinks will be available.
The Great Garrick (1937)
They Died With Their Boots On (1941)
- Two James “Catcher Rye”
- Meletti Amaro
- Angostura bitters
The Swarm (1978)
- Two James “Dos Jaimes Mezcal Joven”
- Jack Rudy Cocktail Co. Tonic
- McClary Bros. Beet & Carrot Shrub
- Splash of soda
The Heiress (1949)
- Valentine “Liberator” Gin
- Guntzviller Farms raspberry juice
- Dolin Blanc Vermouth
- Simple syrup
- Egg white
- “Bolivar” bitters
Light in the Piazza (1962)
- Grand Traverse Distillery lemon-infused wheat vodka
- McClary Bros. Saskatoon Shrub
The Snake Pit (1948)
#2016 #Grand_Traverse #Traverse_City #Spirits