It’s spring. And that means it’s almost cherry season! We’re eagerly waiting for the perfectly sweet and tart fruits and dreaming of all the delicious dishes we’ll make with them. Here’s a favorite for both kids and adults—Northern Michigan cherry smoothie with honey and vanilla.
Very Cherry Smoothie
- 1/2 cup frozen tart or sweet cherries, pitted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon cherry juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
- 8 ice cubes (optional)
- Blend all of the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into two chilled glasses.
- Depending on the season, substitute peaches, apricots, or strawberries for the cherries or blueberries.
- Maple syrup can be substituted for honey.
Find more healthy recipes in MyNorth’s online recipe book!
#2016 #Grand_Traverse #Traverse_City #Food_&_Drink #Recipe