Microbrews are tasty on their own, but what about mixing them with bourbon or fruit or tomato juice? Approach these Northern Michigan beer cocktails with an open mind.
The recipes were created by Abigail Koprowicz, the general manager at The Ridge Microbrewery in Peshawbestown, and were originally published in the March 2016 issue of Traverse, Northern Michigan’s Magazine.
- 4 ounces Right Brain CEO Stout
- 12 ounces Chaos Blackberry Hard Cider
Pour stout into a chilled pint glass and top with cider.
North Mitten Michelada
- 4 lime wedges
- 6 ounces American Spoon Foods Bloody Mary Mix
- 2 12-ounce bottles of Short’s Local’s Light
- 2 ounces chilled Grand Traverse Distillery True North Vodka (optional)
- Celery salt (for garnish)
Fill two chilled shot glasses with ice cold vodka (optional).
Rub the rims of two pint glasses with lime wedges and coat with celery salt. Fill each glass with a handful of ice, divide Bloody Mary mix between the glasses (3 ounces each) and top with beer. Garnish with lime wedge. Shoot vodka. Chase with michelada.
To find out if more local spots are serving beer cocktails, check out MyNorth’s brewery directory!
#2016 #Up_North #Leelanau #Food_&_Drink #Beer