Gaylord receives a hearty dumping of snow—about 180 inches each year—but Gaylord winters never seem too long because there’s so much to do! Soar downhill, trek cross-country on skis, and tear through sheets of bright snow on a snowmobile. Time will fly when you pass the winter season with these fun Gaylord winter activities.
Scenic and challenging, Gaylord area cross-country skiing is the best around. Glide through forest trails and bumpy landscapes that provide just the right balance of thrill and beauty for the perfect day of skiing. Find the area’s best trails here.
- Aspen Park provides miles of ski trails that are carefully groomed and well-lit until 11 p.m. all year round.
- Marsh Ridge allows guests 40 kilometers of trails to explore, 5 kilometers of which are lit for night skiing.
- Pine Baron Pathway offers 14 kilometers of nordic ski trails, complete with scenic and occasionally hilly terrain.
Downhill skiing in Gaylord is a great choice for skiers of all skill-levels.
- Treetops Resort sports 23 downhill ski runs, a tubing run, and a terrain park.
- Otsego Club & Resort offers private skiing with short lift lines, 27 runs, and a tubing park.
Gaylord can be found at the center of a snowmobile trail that runs more than 500 miles across eight area counties. You can pass entire days on these trails, heavy with snow and excitement. Trade hiking boots for snow boots, and find your favorite snowmobile paths in the Gaylord area.
- Alpine Snowmobile Rentals
- DerMiner’s Parkside Market Snowmobile Rentals
- Benjamin’s Beaver Creek Resort
- North Central State Trail: Running from Gaylord to Mackinaw City, the trail stretches north for 62 groomed miles through the forest, farms, and villages. It’s open to snowmobiling December 1 through March 31.
More Northern Michigan Outdoors
Red Hot Best 2016 Northern Michigan Hiking Trails
Red Hot Best 2016 Northern Michigan Fishing Piers
Video Vacation of Frankfort From the Sky
#2016 #Northern_Michigan #Otsego_County #Gaylord #Winter_Activities #Ski #Snowmobile