Smoked trout on toast is the perfect Northern Michigan twist on a delicious brunch menu. This recipe by Paul Carlson of 9 Bean Rows in Suttons Bay was originally published in the January 2016 issue of Traverse, Northern Michigan’s Magazine.
Smoked Trout on Toast
- 1 cup Leelanau Cheese Herbed Fromage Blanc
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shallot, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh horseradish, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup smoked lake trout, picked and deboned
- 1 cucumber, peeled & seeded
- 1 baguette, cut into rounds and toasted
- Fresh dill sprigs
- Salt to taste
In a medium mixing bowl, combine fromage blanc with lemon zest, pepper, dill, shallot, and horseradish. Spread the cheese mixture evenly on each round of toast, top with smoked trout. Using a vegetable peeler, cut the cucumber into ribbons and garnish each toast round with cucumber and a fresh dill sprig. Salt to taste.
#2016 #Leelanau #Suttons_Bay #Cedar #Food_&_Drink #Recipes