Spending a long weekend on a Northern Michigan vacation for a fall color tour? We’ve got your Monday afternoon covered. Here are five ways to play on Columbus Day:
- You can’t start this afternoon on an empty stomach. Treat your tastebuds to lunch, and try one of these 8 Northern Michigan sandwiches.
- Now you’re ready to roll. Biking the Sleeping Bear Dunes Heritage Trail is a perfect way to take in the fall colors and have some family fun. Rent a bike from Crystal River Outfitters in Glen Arbor to ride the new section of the trail, or head to Sleeping Bear Surf & Kayak in Empire if you want to pedal the whole thing!
- After your afternoon ride you deserve a donut, or two. Grab some Northern Michigan cider and donuts from these local farms and orchards.
- Enjoy your sweet, sugary bounty and a gorgeous view at these 10 vistas on a Northern Michigan fall color tour.
- A day in Northern Michigan isn’t complete without a trip to the water. Spend your afternoon paddling with friends at one of these top 10 Northern Michigan places to put in your canoe or kayak.