MyNorth News Service
(Press Release provided by Acme Business Association)
ACME: The sixth Annual Acme Fall Festival will be held Saturday, September 26, 2015, at Flintfields Horse Park on Bates Road in Williamsburg near Traverse City with activities from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, plus a Chicken BBQ Dinner from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm.
General admission is free, however donations will be accepted for parking, and tickets for Kids Activities will be sold at a nominal charge. Last year’s Acme Fall Festival drew approximately 6,000 persons.
Here is a summary of the activities planned for the 2015 event.
- Craft Show and Live Demonstrations
- Farmers Market & Bake Sale
- Kids Activities including Pumpkin Decorating, Pony Rides, Bounce House, and more.
- Entertainment: Wings of Wonder Live Raptor Show at 10:30 am, followed by a trip back in time with a poetry performance by Jim Ribby at 12:30 pm. At 1:30 pm enjoy an exciting juggling act by Matthew Peplinski, and complete the festival with a line dancing show by Ryan Dobry and the Diamonds and Denim Dancers.
- Classic Car and Tractor Show
- Silent Auction & Raffle
- Chicken BBQ Dinner, 11 am—4 pm. (Tickets may be purchased in advance at Woodland Sweets and at Ace Hardware, both in Acme)
- Food Tent including, local Cherry Brats, hot dogs and other yummy treats
- Apple & Cherry Pie Contest (Pies must be delivered by 10 a.m.; judging begins at 2:30 pm)
The Acme Fall Festival will be presented at Flintfields Horse Park on Bates Road in Williamsburg in cooperation with the Acme Business Association that organizes the annual festival.
A portion of the 2015 festival proceeds will benefit two local non-profits:
- Yuba Historic Society
- Mt. Holiday Ski & Recreation Area.
For more information about the Acme Fall Festival and the Acme Business Association, please visit: www.DiscoverAcme.com.