PETOSKEY: BOYNE Golf – home to 11 premier golf courses spanning three resorts in the scenic northwest corner of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula – announces the availability of its five-day, unlimited golf “Great Escape Golf Vacation.”
With nearly 16 hours of daylight available this time of year in northern Michigan, the Great Escape is an ideal way to celebrate the first days of summer. Accommodations are available at Boyne Highlands Resort, just named the U.S.’s “No. 1 Golf Resort for Value” by Golf.com readers.
Golf on its five courses, as well as sister courses at Boyne Mountain, Crooked Tree Golf Club, Bay Harbor Golf Club and Hidden River Golf & Casting Club, is available. The package starts at $880 / person and includes:
- Five nights’ lodging (Sunday check-in)
- Unlimited golf with cart on following courses: Boyne Mountain (The Monument, The Alpine), Boyne Highlands (The Moor, Donald Ross Memorial, Arthur Hills, The Heather), Crooked Tree Golf Club and Hidden River Golf & Casting Club
- Sunday welcome reception and gift, including choice of a round at Bay Harbor Golf Club, 50-minute spa service, two-day lesson with the BOYNE Golf Academy or $75 food and beverage gift card.
- Unlimited range balls, plus club storage and cleaning
- Scramble golf tournament with prizes
- Preferred pricing at Bay Harbor Golf Club courses (The Links, The Quarry and The Preserve nines)
- Breakfasts and dinners (salad, entrée and dessert) at any BOYNE-operated restaurant
- Country Club of Boyne and Bay Harbor Golf Club dining privileges
- Night at The Young Americans Dinner Theatre (July-August, based on availability; inquire at Sunday reception)
- $25 Odawa Casino gaming voucher and complimentary casino shuttle
- Access to swimming, hiking, biking, fitness centers, tennis, hot tubs, and more
“The sun rises before 6 a.m. and sets after 9:30 p.m. this time of year, making a 54- or even 72-hole golf marathon possible,” says Bernie Friedrich, Boyne Resorts’ senior vice president of golf and resort sales. “Come see why we’re renowned as the quintessential Great Lakes golf escape.”
With courses designed and inspired by renowned architects like Robert Trent Jones, Sr., Arthur Hills and Donald Ross, BOYNE Golf’s three flagship resorts offer experiences to suit players of all ages and abilities.
The Inn at Bay Harbor – A Renaissance Golf Resort
- Bay Harbor Golf Club
- The Links (9) – Setting on windswept cliffs along coastline evokes game’s ancient roots
- The Preserve (9) – Tree-lined holes dominate before dramatic lakefront finish
- The Quarry (9) – Distinctively nestled in abandoned shale quarry
- Crooked Tree Golf Club (18) – Recently redesigned Nos. 16-18 enhance playability and charm
Boyne Highlands Resort
- Arthur Hills (18) – Tumbling terrain and wide fairways deliver enjoyment for all skill levels
- Donald Ross Memorial (18) – Replicates classic, challenging holes created by namesake
- The Heather (18) – Flawlessly-conditioned Robert Trent Jones design appeals to purists
- The Moor (18) – Demanding layout highlighted by a variety of dogleg holes
- Hidden River Golf & Casting Club (18) – Player-friendly, scenic layout located just off-site
- The Alpine (18) – Fun and fair; annual host of Michigan PGA Tournament of Champions
- The Monument (18) – Panoramic vistas combine with hole-by-hole tribute to golf history
Beyond golf, BOYNE’s unique on-property amenities include award-winning spas, waterfront dining, sandy beaches, Avalanche Bay – Michigan’s largest indoor waterpark and adventure sport venues. They are supported by historic, lakeside resort towns Charlevoix, Harbor Springs and Petoskey all a short drive from Mackinac Island. Following in Hemingway’s footsteps, taking in the famous northern Michigan sunsets, enjoying the casino and exploring acclaimed microbreweries like Petoskey Brewing mean golf isn’t the only game in town.
About BOYNE Golf
BOYNE Golf offers the largest collection of courses (11) in the Midwest shared among three resorts in northwest Michigan’s Petoskey area: Boyne Highlands Resort in Harbor Springs, Boyne Mountain Resort in Boyne Falls, and The Inn at Bay Harbor – A Renaissance Golf Resort in Bay Harbor. Golfers play up to 72 holes daily thanks to the region’s long daylight hours and ideal summer temperatures. With courses suited to a wide range of playing abilities, accommodations for every taste and budget, world-class amenities and memorable off-resort attractions, BOYNE is a premier destination for vacationing golfers, families and meeting planners.