The 2016 Petoskey area Northern Home & Cottage Tour is Saturday, October 15, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Find information in your October issue of Northern Home & Cottage and online after October 1.
The 2015 Northern Home & Cottage Home Petoskey Area Home Tour will take place on Saturday, October 10, from 10 am to 5 pm.
The 2015 Northern Home & Cottage Home Tour treats tourgoers to 10 homes, each chosen for their distinctive style and/or innovative lifestyle concept. On this tour you’ll see a gracious downtown Victorian glammed-up for this century, a distinctive coastal-style home, a Bay Harbor beauty, a quintessential Harbor Springs cottage and much more. The tour itself wends from Walloon Lake, through Petoskey and Harbor Springs and up to Alanson.
NOTE: The address printed in Northern Home & Cottage magazine for Home #9 in Harbor Springs is incorrect. It is correct here:
#9. 7065 South Lake Shore Drive, Harbor Springs
Return to M-119/Main St and turn left. Turn right onto State St/M-119 and follow it for 3.3 miles. The home is on the right.
Highlights to watch for on the Petoskey Oct. Tour:
- Generous banks of mullioned windows framing watery views
- Fabulous field stone fireplace—and the owners chose each rock
- Mahogany-paneled office with a unique porthole window that opens and a powder room
- An alligator mounted on a two-sided fireplace of tumbled Chilton stone (with bar and a fridge on one side)
- Lighting that could star in an episode of Mad Men
- An elegant spiral staircase in a 1913 Victorian, remodeled with a shot of glam
Here’s a preview of the homes on the Northern Home & Cottage Kitchen and Home Tour:
- Home #1, Boyne City, The Cottage Company
- Home #2, Bay Harbor, Scott Shuptrine Interiors
- Home #3, Petoskey, Young and Meathe Custom Homes
- Home #4, Petoskey, Kitchens by Design & Gary Nance Design
- Home #5, Bay Cabinetry & Design Studio
- Home #6, Howard Smith Custom Builders
- Home #7, N.J. White Associates
- Home #8, Cottage Company
- Home #9, Birchwood Construction
- Home #10, Edgewater Design Group
As always, we’ve kept the ticket prices low so if you can’t make it to all of the homes, you’ll still find full value in your day. Here’s a look at some of the stunning homes on the October Tour.
We are so grateful to the homeowners who have so generously opened their homes for this tour that benefits Child & Family Services of Northwestern Michigan–an organization that provides crucial services to the children and families of our region.
Interested in volunteering? Fill out our form here. Find the list of homes here.
Tickets (along with the tour map and driving directions) are $15 in advance, $20 at the door. To purchase tickets please go to MyNorthTickets.com. For more information: 800.836.0717