It’s time to stock up on sparklers and plan ahead for your Fourth of July Northern Michigan vacation. To celebrate America’s birthday head to these towns with your family and friends for a weekend of fireworks displays, parades and more Northern Michigan events. Don’t forget to pack a few blankets, your sunscreen and a picnic basket.
Watch one of the largest firework shows in Michigan right here in Traverse City. The show starts at dusk on July 4th, coinciding with the National Cherry Festival. Get to the bay early to find a place for your blanket on either West End or Clinch Beach, or scope out your own spot farther up the peninsula.
Celebrate the fourth early in Leland. Start by watching the fireworks display on July 3rd at dusk from Hancock Field and Park. Then on Friday the 4th, return to Leland for a star spangled parade. Head over to the Old Art Building at 1pm to decorate your bike and listen to a free concert by Hot Biscuits. Ride in the parade with your festive bike or find a spot on Main Street to watch the fanfare.
Grab your family and spend the Fourth of July in Frankfort. The day starts at 10am on Main Street with the annual parade. Then browse local artwork at Art in the Park and get whisked around on rides at the carnival. Don’t forget to stop by Frankfort beach at noon to compete in the sand castle sculpture contest, and end the day at the beach with fireworks at dusk.
Take part in this year’s festivities in Harbor Springs. Cheer as the parade goes by, listen to live music on the waterfront and find a grassy knoll along Little Traverse Bay to watch the fireworks. Celebrate America’s birthday and the beauty of Northern Michigan all in one spot!
Click for More Information from the Harbor Springs Area Chamber of Commerce
More Northern Michigan Towns
All events on the 4th unless noted.
- Bay Harbor — Parade: 11am to noon, Fireworks: July 3 from 8 to 11pm
- Beaver Island — Parade: 2:30pm, Fireworks: Dusk
- Beulah — Parade: 1:30pm, Fireworks: Dusk
- Boyne City — Parade: 10am, Fireworks: 10:30pm
- Cadillac — Parade: 10am, Fireworks: Dusk
- Cedarville — Fireworks: Dusk
- Central Lake — Parade: Noon, Fireworks: Dusk
- Crystal Mountain— Fireworks: July 3 at dusk
- Fife Lake — Fireworks: July 3 at dusk
- Gaylord Otsego Lake — Fireworks: July 3 at dusk
- Grand Marais — Fireworks: Dusk
- Grayling — Parade: 11am, Fireworks: Dusk
- Lake City — Parade: 10am, Fireworks: Dusk
- Ludington — Parade: 2pm, Fireworks: 10:30pm
- Mackinac Island — Fireworks: 9:45pm
- Mackinaw City — Fireworks: Dusk
- Manistee — Parade: 10am, Fireworks: Dusk
- Northport — Band Festival: afternoon Marina Park; jazz: 4:00 pm, Lelu Cafe, Fireworks: Dusk; Rock band: 9:00 pm, Marina Park
- Pentwater — Fireworks: July 3 at dusk
- Petoskey — Parade: 6pm, Fireworks: Dusk
- St. Ignace — Parade: 1pm, Fireworks: Dusk
Find a full list of Fourth of July events and activities at MyNorth’s Community Events Calendar.