MyNorth News Service
(Grand Traverse Resort & Spa)
ACME, Mich., March 5, 2015 — The public is invited to participate in a special Michigan Wine Month (April) event taking place at Grand Traverse Resort and Spa near Traverse City, Michigan.
As part of the Resort’s celebration of Michigan Wine Month, the Resort has partnered with the Wineries of Old Mission Peninsula (WOMP) to host a special one-night food-wine pairing event. Wines from eight WOMP wineries will be paired with delicious small plates at the Resort on Saturday, April 18, 2015, starting at 7pm.
Wineries participating include: 2 Lads Winery, Black Star Farms, Bowers Harbor Vineyards, Brys Estates, Chateau Chantal, Chateau Grand Traverse, Hawthorne Vineyards and Peninsula Cellars.
DATE: Saturday, April 18, 2015
TIME: 7 pm
LOCATION: Michigan Ballroom at Grand Traverse Resort and Spa
TICKETS: $68 per adult and includes eight wine/food pairing tickets (price includes tax and gratuity).Tickets are available for purchase through on MyNorthTickets.com. Ticket buyers must be at least 21 years of age. Additional tickets will be available for purchase at the event.
MENU: This year nine of the Resort chefs will create the perfect food pairing for wines from each of the WOMP wineries.
- Pairing #1: Resort Director of Culinary, Chef Bill Matthews pairs Bowers Harbor Vineyards wines with Creamy Havarti and Mild White Cheddar Grilled Cheese with Caramelized Spring Ramps, and Wild Mushrooms.
- Pairing #2: Saucier Chef Dennis Wagner pairs Chateau Grand Traverse wines with Broccoli and Sharp Farm Country White Cheddar Soup, garnished with Herb Focaccia Croutons.
- Pairing #3: Chefs Larry Steffes & Matt Shaw pairs Peninsula Cellars wines with Cherry BBQ Braised Turkey Puff Pastry Ravioli.
- Pairing #4: Pastry Chef Stephanie Elwell pairs Chateau Chantal wines with Torta Barozzi served with Cherry & Port Compote. (Torta Barozzi is a decadent Italian Dark Chocolate Flourless Torte.)
- Pairing #5: Bakery Supervisor Angela Wascher pairs Hawthorne Vineyards wines with Vanilla Bean Pudding Souffle with Macerated Berries, Diplomat Creme and a Crisp Vanilla Tuille.
- Pairing #6: Resort Chef Mark Hamper pairs 2 Lads wines with deep fried risotto balls with Fontina Cheese, Prosciutto, Seasoned Panko Bread Crumbs, and a Creamy White Wine Sauce.
- Pairing #7: Chef Paul Stendel pairs Brys Estate wines with Venison Sausage on a Toasted Pumpernickel Crostini with Cherry Pecan Roasted Jam.
- Pairing #8: Aerie Restaurant Chef Nick Battista pairs Black Star Farms wines with Peanut Butter & Jelly – Pork Belly Sliders. Crunchy-style Cashew Butter Infused Pork Belly with Pickled Grapes and Shallots on a house-made Slider Bun topped with Micro Mustard Greens.
LIVE MUSIC: Traverse City musician John Pomeroy will perform live during the W.O.M.P. Wine Dinner.
One (1) night accommodations and one (1) W.O.M.P. Wine Dinner ticket per person. Must be 21.
Starting at $121* per person in the Hotel.
For reservations, call 800-236-1577 or BOOK NOW.
*The above rates are per person, based on double occupancy. Rooms at this rate are limited. Not available to groups. May not be combined with other offers. Certain other restrictions may apply.
Here’s the link to the info on our website: http://www.grandtraverseresort.com/WOMPdinner
GET INSIDE THE VINEYARDS:
For insight into the Wineries of Old Mission Peninsula, read the Resort’s blog post – Touring the Wineries of Old Mission Peninsula. Grand Traverse Resort and Spa’s resident blogger, Eric DeBoer, describes his tour of three Old Mission Peninsula wine-making operations.
– More About Grand Traverse Resort and Spa –
The 900-acre Grand Traverse Resort and Spa, located near Traverse City, Mich. along Lake Michigan’s Grand Traverse Bay, is one of the Midwest’s finest year-round resorts featuring, nearly 600 guest rooms, and golf courses by legends Jack Nicklaus and Gary Player. Call 800-236-1577. Visit www.grandtraverseresort.com .