There is plenty to do this Halloween season with the kids! From trick or treating to exploring a lighthouse to exploring a ship, see below for what Northern Michigan has to offer!
1. Boyne City Halloween Festivities in Boyne City, Friday, October 31 from 5–7 pm
There is a TON for the kids to do (and parents) this Halloween in Boyne City! From trick or treating to a haunted house, swimming and a parade to so much more!
2. Downtown Halloween Walk in Traverse City, Friday, October 31 from 3:30–5 pm
Get your best costume on and trick or treat at some downtown stores!
3. Downtown Petoskey Trick or Treat, Saturday, October 25 from 9:30 am–2 pm
Kids can participate in a parade and afterwards they can go trick or treating at designated stores in downtown Petoskey! Before the parade don’t forget to pick up a Narnia Passport at Central Elementary School, which will guide you to the C.S. Lewis Festival Narnia activities at Stafford’s Perry Hotel from 10-noon. After visiting Narnia enjoy a kids buffet in the Noggin Room from 11:30-2 pm.
4. Grand Traverse Lighthouse on the Leelanau Peninsula, October 18 & 19 from 10 am–4 pm
A great opportunity to explore the lighthouse and have some Halloween fun! Get your face painted, go pumpkin bowling, wander the haunted basement, go on a hayride and much more!
5. Harbor Springs Community Halloween Party & Trunk or Treat, Friday, October 31 from 3–6 pm
There will be games, magic, crafts and dinner! After that enjoy trick or treating from the trunks of cars.
6. Halloween Spook-tacular Radio Plays with Aged to Perfection, Sunday, October 26 at 5:30 pm
Music House Museum will join with Old Town Playhouse’s readers theater group ‘Aged to Perfection’ for an evening of spooky fun with two Halloween themed ‘Radio’ plays! The group will be performing not one but two spooky plays to add to your Halloween fun in the beautiful Music House. Bring the whole family to experience this fun evening of theater at the Music House. Purchase tickets at MyNorthTickets.com.
7. Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary in Alpena, Friday, October 24
8. Trick or Trunk in Downtown Bay Harbor, Friday, October 31 from 4–5 pm
Enjoy trick or treating in downtown stores. Then don’t forget to pick up some treats from the trunks of cars that will be lined up on Main Street.