A Sleeping Bear Dunes vacation can lead you to many of the park’s attractions, area restaurants and miles of beaches and hiking trails. So whether you only have an afternoon to tackle the park’s Greatest Hits, or if you’re spending a week in Leelanau County and have the time to investigate the Dunes with a fine-tooth comb, the following should help you figure out where to go during your Sleeping Bear Dunes vacation.
One Day, a Weekend, or a Week
Everybody’s on a schedule, so whether you’re traveling through the Sleeping Bear Dunes posthaste or nonchalantly, we’ve got travel suggestions for vacations of varying lengths:
- The Best Things to Do at the Sleeping Bear Dunes in a Day
- What to Do at the Sleeping Bear Dunes in a Weekend
- Things to Do for a Week-long Sleeping Bear Dunes Vacation
Hotel, Cottage, or Camp?
Hotel options near the Sleeping Bear Dunes are somewhat limited; some hotels/motels/B&B’s near the Sleeping Bear Dunes are:
- Maple Lane Resort in Empire
- Empire Lakeshore Inn in Empire
- Sleeping Bear Bed & Breakfast in Empire
- The Homestead in Glen Arbor
Find other Northern Michigan hotels and motels with MyNorth’s Hotel Directory.
Staying at a rented cottage or cabin near the Sleeping Bear Dunes is a great way to instill that Up North feel into your vacation. Find the perfect cottage at MyNorth’s Cottage Rental Directory.
Lastly, camping at one of the the Sleeping Bear Dunes’ park-administered campgrounds is both economical and engaging. Learn about all the Sleeping Bear Dunes camping options.
Sleeping Bear Dunes Vacation: Where to Eat and What to Do
While the environs of the Sleeping Bear Dunes are markedly rural and agricultural, there are some amazing restaurants and eateries in the towns near the park:
- Discover the Towns Near the Sleeping Bear Dunes
- Find Northern Michigan Restaurants with MyNorth’s Restaurant Directory
The Sleeping Bear Dunes is Heaven-on-Earth for outdoor enthusiasts. Use the following links to learn more about the attractions, trails and beaches of the Sleeping Bear Dunes.
- 9 Essential Sleeping Bear Dunes Attractions
- Sleeping Bear Dunes Hiking Trails
- Sleeping Bear Dunes Beaches
- Kid-friendly Activities at the Sleeping Bear Dunes
- Sleeping Bear Dunes Visitor’s Center, Museums and More
Beyond the Sleeping Bear Dunes
Wineries, shopping, lighthouses, festivals…there’s so much to discover in Northern Michigan beyond the Sleeping Bear Dunes:
- Beer, Wine and Distillery Tastings in Leelanau County
- Locate Northern Michigan Lighthouses and More with MyNorth’s Activity Locator
- Northern Michigan Festivals at mynorth.com
Cornerstone: Sleeping Bear Dunes