Photo(s) by Todd Zawistowski
On Sunday, May 11th, Mother’s Day brunch at a Northern Michigan restaurant is happening—it’s just a matter of finding which spot in Northern Michigan’s expansive food and drink scene you and mom will visit. The following list features MyNorth’s favorite Mother’s Day brunches:
- Call 231.534.6000 right now to reserve a spot at Aerie’s Mother’s Day breakfast buffet bonanza. Preview the menu here: GrandTraverseResort.com. Located 10 minutes north of Traverse City at 100 Grand Traverse Village Blvd.
- Start strong right out of the gate with jalapeño-steeped fresh orange juice and bubbly, brandy milk punch, or a Big Easy Mary garnished with a whole crawfish. Follow with blackened catfish benedict, eggs sardou or pain perdu with pecan-orange butter. From 10 am to 3 pm. 617 Ames St. Elk Rapids, 231.264.0530.
- Downtown Traverse City’s Firefly will have the mother of all buffets: the standards are all present (eggs benedict, quiche, breakfast meats) but then there’s something called ‘deconstructed chicken cordon bleu with champagne cream sauce’ that needs to be tasted to believed. 310 Cass, Traverse City, 231.932.1310.
- Dine at The Bluebird from 11:30 until 8 pm for a cozy, comfortable and delicious Mother’s Day; reservations recommended (call 231.256.9081). A special menu for a special day, featuring broiled whitefish, perch, bacon-wrapped scallops and frog legs served with a grain mustard créme.
Take A Video Tour Of The Bluebird:
The Rowe Inn in Ellsworth
- Quaint country inn with a savory 3-course brunch 11 am to 3 pm this Mother’s Day: choose from seared chicken, almond-crusted salmon and pork tenderloin for you main dish. Noon to 3 p.m. 6303 East Jordan Rd, Ellsworth, 231.588.7351 for reservations.
- A longstanding Petoskey tradition (reservations recommended) with carving stations, waffles, classic eggs Benedict and Stafford’s sticky buns; 9 am to 3 pm. 613 Woodland Ave., Petoskey 231.347.2771. Check out their website for the full Mother’s Day menu.
Sagamore’s in Bay Harbor near Petoskey
- Elegant daily breakfast menu—lemon soufflé griddle cakes with ricotta, oatmeal brûlée—with a Sunday buffet (which includes this Mother’s Day) from 7 am to noon. 3600 Village Harbor Dr., Petoskey, 231.439.4000.
- Make reservations for a special Mother’s Day brunch with chicken confit hash, locally harvested beet salad, asparagus and raclette soup, and more. Located on Old Mission Peninsula; 13512 Peninsula Dr., Traverse City, 231.223.4222.
Take A Video Tour Of The Mission Table: