Ladies and gentlemen, get out your green: it’s a countdown to St. Patrick’s day! Here’s a list of fairs, festivals, and holidays in March that all celebrate the Patron Saint of the Emerald Isle.
7th Annual Irish Heritage Festival March 9th through the 16th in Boyne City
- Featured events include an Irish film festival, Irish dinner event with Irish-themed entertainment, lecture and discussion on Irish history and culture, a community sing-a-long and lots more. Many downtown businesses participate through gift offerings and Irish décor. There is something for the whole family; most events are free. Call 231.582.6222 or visit BoyneChamber.com.
Mackinac Island Celebrates St. Patrick’s Weekend March 14th through the 17th on Mackinac Island
- Revelers are invited to play Snow Volleyball and partake in the Annual Jamie Bynoe Street Hockey Tournament downtown. And there is plenty of Irish Cheer! Call 800.454.5227, or visit MackinacIsland.org.
5th Annual Rotary Club St. Patrick’s Party March 15th in Charlevoix
- Entertainment is provided by a great 80’s dance band out of East Lansing; Irish dinner by the Grey Gables restaurant and an open bar with Irish tendencies. 6pm-midnight; $50 per person includes dinner catered by Grey Gables, an open bar with top-shelf liquor, green beer and wine, live music and Silent Auction. Takes place at Castle Farms. Call 231.547.2101, or visit RotaryClubOfCharlevoix.org.
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day on Beaver Island March 15th on Beaver Island
- Experience the classic cart race on Main Street, the fish toss and the tug-o-war between the fish chokers and the hay seeders. And we can’t tell you about the indoor games—you’ll have see for yourself! Call 231.448.2505, or visit BeaverIsland.org.
St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Pentwater March 15th in Pentwater
- The annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade begins at the south end of the village with stops at The Antler Bar for refreshments and parade prizes, and at Ludington’s Holiday Inn Express, noon. Call 231.869.4150, or visit Pentwater.org.