The Traverse City Winter Microbrew & Music Festival will hold its Brewer’s Dinner at the Grand Traverse Resort and Spa on Friday, Fe-brew-ary 7th. The event precedes the main festival, which occurs Saturday the 8th in downtown Traverse City.
The dinner will be guided by Beervangelist Fred Bueltmann and will feature brewers or brewery ambassadors, 11 small plates paired with 11 4-ounce beer samples, and live music with PitchBlak Brass Band. Additional drink and dinner tickets will be available for purchase. Festival goers can take advantage of the Resort’s two-night Winter Microbrew & Music Festival Package, which includes:
- Two Nights Accommodations (Friday and Saturday, Feb. 7 & 8)
- Breakfast Buffet at Sweetwater American Bistro
- One Ticket (per person, double occupancy) to the 2014 Winter Microbrew & Music Festival
- Admission to the Resort’s Brewer’s Dinner on Friday, 7-10 p.m., featuring 11 small plates paired prepared by Resort chefs with 11 four-ounce beer samples and live music. The dinner will be guided by Beervangelist Fred Bueltmann, whose book, Beervangelist’s Guide to the Galaxy will be available for purchase. (additional drink and food tickets will be available)
- Transportation to and from the festival
Two-night package rates start at $230 per person; one-night packages are also available. Brewer’s Dinner tickets may also be purchased individually for $65 per person, including tax and gratuity.
This year at the Traverse City Winter Microbrew & Music Festival, attendees can enjoy more than 150 varieties of craft beers, wines, ciders and meads. The festival helps support hundreds of resident artists, small businesses, farmers, food providers, and merchants by enriching the local community. All proceeds from alcohol sales will benefit Bay Area Recycling for Charities and the CherryT Ball Drop, a non-profit organization that raises money and collects non-perishable food items for local food banks.
After the festival, visitors can return to the Grand Traverse Resort for onsite winter activities, such as dog-sledding, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing, or relax and recharge at Spa Grand Traverse, offering a full range of spa services featuring cherry infused services with locally made products. For the epicurious, Aerie Restaurant and Lounge, located on the 16th floor, offers sweeping views of East Grand Traverse Bay while serving up fresh, locally sourced produce and ingredients in creatively distinctive dishes.
BREWER’S DINNER BEER AND MENU PAIRINGS
- North Peak’s Old Mission Brewery Community Series #1 “Aztec Stout” paired with Beef Brisket – Dry rubbed and slow smoked beef brisket with an Aztec chocolate and paprika glaze served on a slice of fresh jalapeno brioche. Prepared by Banquet Chef Larry Steffes.
- Beggar’s Brewery Community Series #2 “Private Eyes Dunkelweiss” paired with Brats – Slider brats slowly simmered in Beggar’s Dunkelweizen and finished on the grill and served with caramelized beer onions and fresh ground Dunkelweizen mustard. Prepared by Banquet Chef Larry Steffes.
- Green Flash Brewing “Rayon Vert” paired with Intermezzo – Frothy Rayon Vert and Lemon Sorbet. Prepared by Pastry Chef Stephanie Elwell.
- New Holland Brewing “Night Tripper” paired with Pork Tenderloin – Seared pork tenderloin with a cocoa and cayenne rub and Night Tripper infused pork stock reduction. Prepared by Chef Bill Matthews, the Resort’s Director of Culinary.
- Great Lakes Brewing “Dortmunder Gold” Lager paired with Soup – Dortmunder Roasted Cauliflower & Garlic Soup. Prepared by Saucier Chef Dennis Wagner.
- New Belgium Brewing “Lips of Faith Wild Dubbel” paired with Yogurt Parfait – Granola made with a reduction of Wild Dubbel, brown sugar and cinnamon, sautéed bananas, Wild Dubbel candied pistachios and coconut yogurt. Prepared by Aerie Restaurant Sous Chef Anie Driscoll.
- Founders Brewing “Dirty Bastard” Scotch-Style Ale paired with Chili – Dirty Bastard Fire Roasted Chili. Prepared by Saucier Chef Dennis Wagner.
- Petoskey Brewing “Horny Monk” Belgian Dubbel paired with Walleye – Fresh walleye and cipollini onion rings in Horny Monk tempura, served in a gaufrette potato basket with Horny Monk remoulade sauce. Prepared by Resort Chef Mark Hamper.
- Dark Horse Brewing “Tres Blueberry” Stout paired with Blueberry Stout Crumble Cupcakes – Tres Blueberry cake filled with stout blueberry jam and topped with cream cheese mousse, sugary crumble and fresh blueberries. Prepared by Pastry Chef Stephanie Elwell.
- Odd Side Ales “Firefly” paired with BBQ Shrimp Skewer – Mango-habanero Firefly BBQ shrimp skewer with Firefly marinated pineapple and papaya, topped with toasted macadamia nuts. Prepared by Aerie Restaurant Sous Chef Anie Driscoll.
- Brash Brewing “Smoglifter” paired with Cheesecake – Milk chocolate stout cheesecake with salted beer caramel sauce and chocolate dipped pretzels. Prepared by Pastry Chef Stephanie Elwell.