Northern Michigan wedding ideas including decor, attire and venue options for countless varieties of couples. Here are 15 fun ideas for the Northern Michigan nuptials in your life straight from the Up North towns of Traverse City and more. Find dozens of additional creative ways to celebrate in MyNorth Wedding, available at ShopMyNorth.
1. Remember the old leather and lace thing? Satin in the barn is the same great song with a new tune at the Ciccone Vineyard and Winery wedding of Lauren and Jonathan Herstein. Design by Alicia Caldecott of A Day in May wedding planning. Photo by Dan Stewart Photography.
2. Groom and groomsmen at the Cherewicks’ wedding wore cufflinks with tiny maps of the couple’s two homes. Another twist on that idea: Cufflinks made from Lake Michigan nautical charts at Two Fish Gallery in Leland. Photo by Dan Stewart Photography.
3. Steve and Lizzie Santer’s ring pillow (made by Custom Crafts by Tonia) does double duty with its homage to their Great Lake state. Photo by Dan and Melissa Photography.
4. Wedding cake, wedding cupcakes, now wedding doughnuts. Photo by Lux Light Photography.
5. Amy Kate Designs mixed ornamental cabbage, fern shoots, rosemary and the succulent Live Forever with dahlias and rose hips in the bouquets at Morgan Soares’s wedding. Photo by Dan and Melissa Photography.
6. Landmark wedding photos begin with a landmark. Don Lewis gave Zach and Melanie Baker permission to pose at his privately owned, historic D.H. Day Farm near the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. Precious MEMORIES Photography.
7. Jana and Ben Van Enk paddled into their happily-ever-after in a canoe that Ben made. Check out the woodcrafting company he runs with his brother: vanenkwoodcrafters.com. Photo by Christina Trogan Photography.
8. Bride Heather Edmonds tells us her mother and her maid of honor made this fabulous garland (card stock, a glue gun, photos and a copier!) for her shower, and it was such a hit they hung it at the reception. Photo by Dan & Melissa Photography.
9. Brittany and Mark Bliss energized their centerpieces with a juicy shot of vitamin C. Photo by LUX LIGHT Photography.
10. White picket fencing and a vintage crystal chandelier hung from a 75-year-old oak tree helped turn Nick and Tara Madrick’s reception at her parents’ home on Lake Michigan into a fairy tale. Photo by Kelly Sweet Photography.
11. Sweetheart table linen from La Travola Fine Linen Rental makes the setting at the Hersteins’ Ciccone Vineyard Wedding. Design by Alicia Caldecott of A Day in May wedding planning. Photo by Dan Stewart Photography.
12. Brittany Curtis gave her bridesmaids’ bouquets a twist of old-fashioned fun substituting pinwheels for flowers. Photo by Leah Renee Photography.
13. Girlie flasks for the bridesmaids. Photo by Lux Light Photography.
14. Adrienne Schrauben embraced the glamor of her winter wedding to Mike Baker. Photo by Kelly Sweet Photography.
15. In lieu of a DJ, Megan and Kevin Grewohl hired the bluegrass band Schlitz Creek (based in the Kalamazoo area). Photo by Kelly Sweet Photography.