Versatile, quick and protein-packed, eggs are real rockstars in the kitchen. And with winter slowly melting at spring’s arrival, it’s time to share the spotlight with the flavorful dozen. Here are five of our favorite egg recipes for keeping the table fresh, inventive and deliciously spring-ready.
A fresh twist on the iconic appetizer classic, perfect for pairing with a Brut sparkling wine.
Mission Table’s chef, Paul Olson, created a farmer’s market inspired brunch. Olson and his wife, Barbara, liked it so much, the high-end hash ended up on the Easter brunch menu at the restaurant.
At Martha’s Leelanau Table, asparagus side dishes are a staple on the menu. This is one of our favorites.
This recipe features local produce from 9 Bean Rows Farm, Birch Point Farm, and Providence Farm and locally produced products from Food for Thought and Leelanau Cheese.
This salad is absolutely fantastic. Feel free to substitute extra-crisp bacon or rendered bits of pancetta for the prosciutto.
Find more delicious egg recipes in MyNorth’s recipe directory!
More Fresh Eats in Northern Michigan
- 6 Northern Michigan Dairy Farms and Stores
- Where to Buy Local Eggs in Northern Michigan
- How to Prepare Raclette and What to Eat it With
- Morel Mushrooms: How to Find, Store and Cook Morels
- Grand Traverse Culinary Oils Grows, Mills Wheat for Perfect Flour
- Alliance’s Chef James Bloomfield Puts Fresh Spin on Classic Ingredients
- Please, Eat the Flowers! Try These 6 Simple Recipes with Wild Violets