Check out what happened when we invited some of our favorite local foods purveyors to a s’more-and-even-more bonfire party!
- Graham crackers
- Cherry Republic Cherry Jam (cherryrepublic.com)
- Kilwins Tuttles (kilwins.com)
Spread jam on a graham cracker. Top it with a Tuttle. Top that with a roasted marshmallow. Put a lid on it.
- Chocolate biscotti
- Baby marshmallows
- Fresh raspberries
- Benjamin Twiggs Cherry Fudge Topping (benjamintwiggs.com)
Set the fudge topping close enough to the bonfire to warm it. Roast baby marshmallows then slide them off the skewer and onto the biscotti. Drizzle with fudge topping. Top with fresh raspberries. Mamma Mia!
- Doug Murdick’s Chocolate Walnut Fudge (murdicksfudge.com)
- American Spoon Apricot Spoon Fruit (spoon.com)
Thread croissant on a skewer and lightly toast. Open the croissant and spread it with apricot spoon fruit. Add a thin slice of chocolate walnut fudge. Close it up. Open your mouth. Ooh la la!
Nutty, Bananas and Buggy For You
- Graham crackers
- Naturally Nutty Organic Cinnamon Vanilla Almond Butter (naturallynutty.com)
- Sliced banana
- Grocer’s Daughter Chocolate Bug (grocersdaughter.com)
Smear a graham cracker with almond butter. Layer it with banana slices. Yep, now the Chocolate Bug. Roast a marshmallow and use it to smother the Bug. Squish it all up with a graham cracker lid.
Strawberries ’n’ Creamy
- Chocolate graham crackers
- Ryba’s Vanilla Pecan Fudge (ryba.com)
- Sliced fresh strawberry
Cover a chocolate graham cracker with thin slices of vanilla pecan fudge and strawberry. Top with a roasted marshmallow. Seal it up with another chocolate graham. Yummm!
- Vanilla wafers (Nabisco Nilla Wafers will do!)
- Fresh blueberries or a sprinkling of Wild Blueberry Walnut Cacao (justgoodchocolate.com)
Toast the marshmallow. Plop it on the wafer. Top with blueberries—or sprinkle with Wild Blueberry Walnut Cacao mix.
It’s a Snap
- Ginger snaps (again, Nabisco gets the job done!)
- Cherry Stop Cherry Ginger Jam (thecherrystop.com)
Spread a ginger snap with cherry ginger jam. Pop on a roasted marshmallow. Cap it up. Down the hatch.
This article was featured in the August 2012 issue of Traverse, Northern Michigan’s Magazine.
Get your copy!
More Summer Fun: