Given its rich variety of fresh local produce, dairy, meat and wine coupled with a landscape marked by dunes, Lake Michigan vistas and vineyards, it’s no wonder Mario Batali chose Leelanau County as the location of his summer escapes from New York City. The world-famous foodie visited Northern Michigan for the first time just 10 years ago and kept coming back year after year. While all Northern Michigan enthusiasts understand the draw of this magical Michigan landscape, it is affirming to see this superstar chef raving about Northern Michigan through just about every social media site possible.
Check out this blog about the chef’s travels through Leelanau County and then try his recipes at home! Bon appetit!
- Grilled Lamb Chops Scottadita with Pom-Pom Mushrooms, Garlic Confit and Mint
- Batali’s Pork Chops with Cherry Barbeque Sauce
- Mario Batali’s Cherry Brown-Butter Coffee Cake
- Mario Batali’s Ciambella with Summer Berry Compote
- Mario Batali’s Pizza Margherita D.O.P.
- Mario Batali’s Vegetable Salad – Capri Style
- Ricotta and Spinach Ravioli with Sage and Butter Sauce