You gotta love how the beer brewers at Short’s Brewery in Bellaire think. As the crew at this Michigan brewery prepares to celebrate six years of brewing some of the best Michigan beer to be had this May, they are going back to their brewery roots … way back to the key ingredient necessary for brewing beer: water. The second annual Short’s to Short’s paddle, happening on Friday, April 30, is a kayak/canoe adventure that starts at Short’s Brewery in Bellaire and ends at Short’s Production in Elk Rapids.
Teaming up with Green Planet Extreme Adventure Sports for shuttles back to Short’s as well as equipment rental and lodging assistance, the 8 to 12 hour paddle has plenty of “ditch” points along the way. Stop at the Dockside—where Clam River meets Torch Lake—for a beer and food (and moral support), and take advantage of the special $99 hotel deal Shanty Creek’s Lakeview Hotel is offering paddle participants with the promotional code “Shorts.”
Upon arrival, paddlers can take a tour of the brewery’s production facilities before tucking in and resting up for the big sixth anniversary bash the next night. For information or to register, visit shortsbrewing.com.
More About Northern Michigan Beers
- Take Your Own Northern Michigan Microbrew Tour
- Long Days for Joe Short, Brewmaster
- Video: Traverse City Brewers Show You How It’s Done
- The Creative World of Traverse City’s Right Brain Brewery
- Follow the Hops Trail to Northern Michigan Microbrews
- Northern Michigan Microbrews Are Winners in This Poll
- Jolly Pumpkin Sets Up Shop on Old Mission
- Locally Grown Hops from Old Mission Flavor New Ale
- Brewie File: Tom Buchanan
- Tap into Traverse City’s Brew Pubs
- So A Girl Walks Into A Bar: Traverse City Nightlife