As we commemorate our 30th year in the magazine business with our flagship Traverse, Northern Michigan’s Magazine, MyNorth Media has added several other media to help us celebrate and protect all the natural resources of Northern Michigan. Looking ahead, we see a bright future for our company and our magazines–Traverse Magazine, MyNorth Wedding, Northern Home & Cottage and MyNorth Vacation Guides. We also see benefits in reaching people online with MyNorth.com and providing high-definition videos to support our mission.
9 Facts About Magazines
- Average paid subscriptions reached nearly 300 million in 2009. (Source: MPA estimates based on ABC first and second half 2009 data)
- 4 out of 5 adults read magazines. (Source: MRI)
- Magazines deliver more ad impressions than TV or Web in half-hour period. (Source: McPheters & Company)
- Since Facebook was founded, magazines gained more than one million young adult readers. (Source: MRI)
- The average reader spends 43 minutes reading each issue. (Source: MRI)
- Magazines are the No. 1 medium of engagement — across all dimensions measured. Simmons’ Multi-Media Engagement Study find magazines continue to score significantly higher than TV or the Internet in ad receptivity and all of the other engagement dimensions, including “trustworthy” and “inspirational.” (Source: Simmons Multi-Media Engagement Study)
- Magazines and magazine ads garner the most attention: BIGresearch studies show that when consumers read magazines they are much less likely to engage with other media or to take part in non-media activities compared to the userof TV, radio or the Internet. (Source: BIGresearch Simultaneous Media Usage Study)
- Magazines outperform other media in driving positive shifts in purchase consideration/intent. (Source: Dynamic Logic)
- Magazines rank No. 1 in influencing consumers to start a search online – higher than newer media options. (Source: BIGresearch Simultaneous Media Usage Study)
If you would like to know more about the marketing opportunities of MyNorth Media, please contact Jan Chapman, Advertising Director at 231-941-6538.