Old Town Playhouse is excited to present Sherlock Holmes: The Final Adventure by Stephen Dietz. The show opens Valentine’s Day week-end, on February 11th. It runs for three week-ends, with 11 performances, and closes February 27. Sherlock Holmes: The Final Adventure is based on the original 1899 play by William Gillette and Arthur Conan Doyle, this adaptation by Stephen Dietz was the winner of the 2007 Edgar Allan Poe Award for Best Mystery Play.
At the height of his powers, Sherlock Holmes is at his best, with danger, intrigue, wit, humor, and surprise. With his trusted companion Doctor Watson at his side, Holmes matches wits with his arch-nemesis, the evil Professor Moriarty, and faces his greatest challenge: a chilling mystery involving a kidnapped diva, the King of Bohemia, London’s seamy underworld, and the only woman to have captured Holmes’ elusive heart.
The director, Harriet Mittelberger, is a retired English and theatre arts teacher from the Washington, D.C. area. Her theatrical experience both on stage and backstage comprises over 30 years of experience.
Quick Links to More Fun in the Traverse City region
- The Complete Traverse City Restaurant Guide
- The Traverse City Vacation Directory: Listings to lodging, galleries, restaurants and more along with an interactive map.
- Traverse City music, festivals, arts and hundreds of events
- Traverse City Digital Vacation Guide: Browse the pages of the complete digital Guide and click to hundreds of websites.
- Video: Traverse City’s Guide to Fun!
- Video: City Opera House in Traverse City is Brimming with Events
- Video: Friday Night Live Has TC’s Front Street Hopping
- Get your copy of 101 Ways to Love Traverse City
- Flying in or out of Traverse City? Take a video tour of the Cherry Capital Airport to learn all you need to know.
- Plot your day in Traverse City using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I’d like to find" and choose Traverse City for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Rent a Cottage in Traverse City
- Beaches near Traverse City