Schuss Mountain will be open on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, December 11-13, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily. Schuss Mountain will open everyday beginning on December 18.
Schuss Mountain, which is celebrating its 40th season, and one of three villages at Shanty Creek Resorts, invites families and skiers of all abilities to come out and experience Michigan’s best skiing value. The resort will be offering a variety of ski and stay packages for this opening weekend, with rates starting at $75 per person, per night, which includes lodging and lift tickets.
For daily lift ticket prices, which are still being determined and based on the number of slopes open, or to book one of Michigan’s most affordable ski packages, visit shantycreek.com or call 1-800-678-4111.
About Shanty Creek Resorts
Nestled amid the pristine, pine-dotted countryside of Northern Michigan, Shanty Creek Resorts is a four season resort destination that includes three distinct villages; Summit Village, Schuss Village and Cedar River Village. The award-winning resort, which recently completed a $10 million renovation project to the Lakeview Hotel & Conference Center, features over 500 rooms, 49 ski runs on two mountains, 72 holes of championship golf, as well as the Wellness Spa and over 35,600 square feet of meeting space. In addition there is a wide variety of dining options, entertainment, and amenities.
Buy the Northern Michigan Ski Guide Issue Now!
More on Hitting the Slopes
- The Michigan Ski Guide: Lower and Upper Peninsula
- Great Places to Learn to Ski—At Any Age
- Three Ski Towns to Explore
- Ski Town Take-Out
- Hot Apres Ski Towns
- Video: Terrain Park at Crystal Mountain
- Ski Guide: Swank or Spare?
- Post Slope Spa Treatments
- Where to Get Your Skiis Tuned
- Our Favorite Ski Slopes Names
- Master the U.P. Backcountry on Skiis
- Money Saving Tips for the Ski Season
- Ski and Snowboard Clothing and Gear for Northern Michigan Ski Slopes
- Interview with Slopeside Bartender
- Air Born: Ski Jumping in the U.P.
- Mackinac Island Ski Getaway
- The Ultimate Guide to Winter
- 2009 Ski and Snowboard Pass Deals at Northern Michigan Ski Resorts