Master sommelier Claudia Tyagi and George Heritier, co-founder Gang of Pour, were two of the wine experts who came North to tour and taste in Leelanau County wineries. We caught up with them at both Bel Lago and Chateau Fontaine and asked about Michigan’s role in the world of wine.
Tyagi, a consultant and frequent judge at wine tasting competitions, shares her thoughts on the role Michigan’s wine and wineries can play in the world. Standing amongst the gorgeous landscapes of Leelanau County wineries, she speaks to the power of combining spectacular landscapes, beautiful wineries and great wine.
Wine Tips, Tours and Travel in Traverse City, Old Mission and Leelanau
- Savor Leelanau’s Wine Country
- Old Mission Peninsula Wine Country
- Video: Sit Back and Tour Northern Michigan Wine Country
- Northern Michigan Sparkling Wines
- Water and Wine Weekends
- Video: Tapas and Wine Touring at Old Mission’s Chateau Chantal
- Four Pinot Noir Picks from Old Mission and Leelanau Wineries
- Video: Chateau Grand Traverse Talks Rieslings
- Michigan Beer and Wine Dinners at Boyne
- Video: Mark Johnson of Chateau Chantal Demonstrates Wine Tasting
- Traverse City’s Urban Winery
- See Wine Country by Bike
- Subscribe to MyNorth’s Food & Wine Newsletter: It’s free!
- Romancing the Riesling