The Traverse City Film Festival box office is open for public ticket sales starting Saturday, July 18. Doors open at noon for walk-ups; phone and Internet sales start at 6 p.m. Tickets to regular films are $9, opening and closing night films are $25. Other ticketed events include opening and closing night parties ($50) and the festival’s TCFF Film School seminar series ($3 each).
The Traverse City Film Festival box office is located at Suite 101, 300 E. Front St. in Traverse City, and is open Monday to Saturday from noon until 8 p.m. and Sunday from noon until 6 p.m.
Looking to enjoy the festival on the cheap? Stop by for free daily film panels at the City Opera House, at 9:30 a.m. July 29 through August 2 or bring the family to free nightly movies at the Open Space, at 9:30 p.m. July 28 through August 1. The Open Space Cinema schedule is below.
Tuesday, July 28 Men in Black
Wednesday, July 29 Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Thursday, July 30 Hair
Friday, July 31 The Goonies
Saturday, August 1 Big
Tickets have been on sale to Friends of the festival since July 12, so some films and screenings are already sold out. Below is a list of sold out films, to help in your pre-festival planning. Call 231-946-3731 or visit traversecityfilmfest.org for a full schedule and more information.
About Elly (Thursday, July 30 screening)
Big Fan (Wednesday, July 29 screening)
Burma VJ (Thursday, July 30 screening)
Chomsky and Company Departures
Eden is West (Thursday, July 30 screening)
Enemies, A Love Story Entre Nos (Thursday, July 30 screening)
Everlasting Moments Food Inc. (Saturday, August 1 screening)
The Greatest Helen + Joy
Herb & Dorothy Humpday (Saturday, August 1 screening)
In the Loop Julie & Julia Lemon Tree (Wednesday, July, 29 screening)
Mary & Max (Friday, July 31 screening)
O’Horten (Friday, July 31 screening)
The Only Good Indian Revanche (Wednesday, July 29 screening)
Salt of this Sea Séraphine
Shorts for Adults
Sneak Preview, hosted by Jeff Garlin
Troubled Water Waterlife
Which Way Home?
Woodstock: The Director’s Cut Wu
Find Out More About the Traverse City Film Festival:
- Traverse City Film Festival: Frequently Asked Questions
- Traverse City Film Festival: What to See If….
- Hot Picks for the Traverse City Film Festival
- Traverse City Film Festival: School’s In Session
- Traverse City Film Festival: Roger & Me 20 Years Later
- Inside Info: The Future of Michigan Filmmaking
- Video: Larry Charles Talks About Religulous and Being in Traverse City
Read the Digital 2009 Traverse City Filmgoers’ Guide for tips of all kinds and links to hundreds of websites.
Quick Links to More Fun in Traverse City
- The Traverse City Vacation Directory: Listings to lodging, galleries, restaurants and more along with an interactive map.
- Traverse City Digital Vacation Guide: Browse the pages of the complete digital Guide and click to hundreds of websites.
- Video: Traverse City’s Guide to Fun!
- The Complete Traverse City Restaurant Guide
- Flying in or out of Traverse City? Take a video tour of the Cherry Capital Airport to learn all you need to know.
- Plot your day in Traverse City using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I’d like to find" and choose Traverse City for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Rent a Cottage in Traverse City
- Traverse City music, festivals, arts and hundreds of events
- Beaches near Traverse City