A glistening Grand Traverse Bay. Summer breezes. A chance to relax. There’s no better time to check out these four Traverse City spots and sit back with the perfect summer sip.
Serving up Cuban and Latin-inspired food, Cafe Habana is enthralling, dark and chandeliery on the inside. But on a summer’s eve, we like it on top, drinks on the rooftop deck in that lingering post-solstice light. Order a sangria and toast that TC feeling. 423 S. Union St., Traverse City. 231-929-4150. CAFEHABANAS.COM/TRAVERSECITY.
Top of the Park
With its 10-story perch, this is downtown Traverse City’s most celebrated venue for watching the sunset (from indoors), enjoying a view of the city and falling in love with that luscious Grand Traverse Bay. Order the trademark blingbling. 300 E. State St., Traverse City. 231-946-5000. PARK-PLACE-HOTEL.COM.
Located on the banks of the Boardman River in Traverse City, this spot offers up a mondo martini list and an enchanting river scene—two of our favorite reasons to sit a spell on the Firefly’s patio. Inside is gorgeous too. Quality, eclectic menu to accompany your beverage of choice. 310 Cass St., 231-932-1310. TCFOOD.COM.
This downtown Traverse City Asian restaurant serves fabulous frou-frou drinks for the ladies in a swanky, urbane vibe (exposed brick, wood and lovely tile) that brings in a steady clientele of TC scenesters. We like the bonafide sushi bar. 237 E. FRONT ST., 231-944-1733. EATATGINGER.COM.
Quick Links to More Fun in Traverse City
- The Traverse City Vacation Directory: Listings to lodging, galleries, restaurants and more along with an interactive map.
- Traverse City Digital Vacation Guide: Browse the pages of the complete digital Guide and click to hundreds of websites.
- Video: Traverse City’s Guide to Fun!
- The Complete Traverse City Restaurant Guide
- Plot your day in Traverse City using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I’d like to find" and choose Traverse City for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Rent a Cottage in Traverse City
- Traverse City music, festivals, arts and hundreds of events
Click below to read the Digital Traverse City Vacation Guide filled with ideas, tips and links to hundreds of websites