Northern Michigan is filled with festivals, year round, including music, wine, art and just about any good reason to celebrate. Check out these festivals in the Little Traverse Bay region and be sure to find literally hundreds more in MyNorth Events.
July 4: The Weevil Festival
The annual celebration of the microscopic but mighty weevil, successfully introduced into Paradise Lake (in the township of Carp Lake) in 1998 to control the growth of icky, invasive Eurasian watermilfoil weeds—enemy No. 1 to boaters and anglers. Munch away at the fest’s pancake breakfast, shop the flea market, nosh on sweets at the Women’s Club bake sale, and wave to the Weevil Queen at the street parade. Got a boat? Join the Weevil Watch Flotilla, where tethered boaters toast the wee weevil that saved their lake. 231-537-2182.
AUGUST 14 THROUGH 16: Petoskey Festival on the Bay
The little city by the bay celebrates its own sweet self with a downtown treasure hunt, sailing cruises, tethered hot air balloon rides, sandcastle artists, live music, movies in the park and a fireworks show. 231-347-4150, PETOSKEYFESTIVAL.COM.
NOVEMBER: C.S. Lewis Festival
All month-long, this Petoskey festival pays homage to the British author of the Chronicles of Narnia series is comprised of panel discussions, speakers, a musical, and art showcases. Those of legal age can attend Monday pub nights for theological readings and debates. NOVEMBER, 231-347-5550, CSLEWISFESTIVAL.ORG.
More Links to Fun in Petoskey, Harbor Springs, Bay Harbor and the Little Traverse Region!
- The Petoskey, Harbor Springs & Bay Harbor Vacation Directory: Listings to lodging, galleries, restaurants and more along with an interactive map.
- Petoskey, Harbor Springs & Bay Harbor Vacation Guide: Browse gorgeous articles connecting you to perfect beaches, Bayview Festivals, the Tunnel of Trees, ethnic eats and more.and click to hundreds of websites.
- Video: A Day in Petoskey
- The Complete Dining Guide for Petoskey, Harbor Springs & Bay Harbor: Just pop in the location where you’d like to eat and browse the wonderful array of restaurant choices.
- Plot your day in Petoskey/Harbor Springs using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I’d like to find" and choose Petoskey, Harbor Springs or a nearby town for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Check out all the music, festivals, art and events of all kinds happening in Petoskey, Harbor Springs & Torch Lake!
- Rent a cottage in Petoskey, Harbor Springs & Bay Harbor: There hundreds of cottages to rent in Northern Michigan. Type the town you’re interested in into the Search box and plan your getaway Up North!