Explore the universe without straying far from home by taking in a free public viewing at Traverse City’s own Rogers Observatory. The Northwestern Michigan College Astronomy Club and the Grand Traverse Astronomical Society will be sponsoring the event from 9 to 11 p.m. on Friday, June 19.
Enjoy spectacular views of the planet Saturn and “dark objects” as the observatory presents its weekly program in honor of the International Year of Astronomy. The Observatory is located at 1753 Birmley Rd., Traverse city, west of Keystone Road, less than two miles south of Airport Road.
For more information, call the Observatory at 231-995-2300 or the Grand Traverse Astronomical Society at 231-946-1787.
QUICK LINKS TO MORE FUN IN TRAVERSE CITY
- The Traverse City Vacation Directory: Listings to lodging, galleries, restaurants and more along with an interactive map.
- Traverse City Digital Vacation Guide: Browse the pages of the complete digital Guide and click to hundreds of websites.
- Video: Traverse City’s Guide to Fun!
- The Complete Traverse City Restaurant Guide
- Rent a Cottage in Traverse City
- Traverse City music, festivals, arts and hundreds of events