So maybe you missed the boom back in 1875 when a group of Methodists hustled their bustles to build Bay View, a village of Victorian summer cottages cum seasonal religious camp on the shores of Little Traverse Bay. That doesn’t mean a religious experience is out of your reach. Each summer the Bay View Association (231-347-6225) puts on 140 programs of worship, performing arts, education and recreation at the perfectly preserved enclave just north of Petoskey. All programs, and 30 buildings on the wooded central grounds, are open to the public, with many events set in Hall Auditorium, the 2,000-seat “heart of the community” built in 1914.
More Links to Fun in Petoskey, Harbor Springs, Bay Harbor and the Little Traverse Region!
- The Petoskey, Harbor Springs & Bay Harbor Vacation Directory: Listings to lodging, galleries, restaurants and more along with an interactive map.
- Petoskey, Harbor Springs & Bay Harbor Vacation Guide: Browse gorgeous articles connecting you to perfect beaches, Bayview Festivals, the Tunnel of Trees, ethnic eats and more.and click to hundreds of websites.
- Video: A Day in Petoskey
- The Complete Dining Guide for Petoskey, Harbor Springs & Bay Harbor: Just pop in the location where you'd like to eat and browse the wonderful array of restaurant choices.
- Plot your day in Petoskey/Harbor Springs using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I'd like to find" and choose Petoskey, Harbor Springs or a nearby town for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Check out all the music, festivals, art and events of all kinds happening in Petoskey, Harbor Springs & Torch Lake!
- Rent a cottage in Petoskey, Harbor Springs & Bay Harbor: There hundreds of cottages to rent in Northern Michigan. Type the town you're interested in into the Search box and plan your getaway Up North!