1. Muddle one berry in a julep glass with 1 teaspoon sugar, mint leaves, good quality bourbon and crushed ice.
2. Slice on cinnamon sugar toast made with rustic white bread.
3. Marinate in amaretto overnight. Serve over ice cream.
4. Dip whole in sour cream then sandy brown sugar.
5. Make champagne cocktails with strawberry slices and organic rose petals.
6. Blend your own strawberry cream cheese for toasted bagels.
7. Press in a panini with Nutella.
8. Layer in a parfait glass with rich, tart lemon curd and whipped cream.
9. Mix with balsamic-dressed baby greens, toasted pecans, goat cheese and fresh ground black pepper.
10. Garnish French toast stuffed with sweetened mascarpone cheese and a sprinkle of pine nuts.
Emily Betz Tyra is associate editor of Traverse, Northern Michigan’s Magazine.email@example.com