Contest Rules for Chippewa Hotel
Contest Runs: 12:00 p.m. EDT August 1, 2008 and ends 11:59 a.m. EDT August 20, 2008
1 winner will be chosen
Prize winner will receive:
Mackinac Harbor View Labor Day at the Chippewa Hotel
One lucky winner will get Labor Day Weekend at the Chippewa Hotel on Mackinac Island in a two-bedroom suite overlooking the Mackinac Island harbor. Stay four nights from Saturday, August 31 through Tuesday, September 2. The suite sleeps six adults.
Open to residents of the Continental United States
Official Rules – No Purchase Necessary
- How to Enter: No purchase necessary. Promotion begins 12:00 p.m. EDT August 1, 2008 and ends 11:59 a.m. EDT August 20, 2008. To enter, visit the NorthernHomeAndCottage.com or MyNorth.com. Select the contest link; submit all required entry information and opt-in to receive future e-mails. You may only enter this promotion online. You may enter this promotion once per week per email address. No other method of entry will be accepted. All entries must be received by 11:59 a.m. EDT on August 20, 2008, to be eligible for the final drawing. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter is prohibited. Promotion ends 11:59 a.m. EDT August 20, 2008. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or failure, whether caused by website users, tampering, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this promotion and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, defect, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized website access to, or alteration of, entries.
- Prizes and Winner Selection: Winner will be selected on August 21, 2008. The prize package includes: Labor Day Weekend at the Chippewa Hotel on Mackinac Island in a two-bedroom suite overlooking the Mackinac Island harbor. Stay four nights from Saturday, August 31 through Tuesday, September 2. The suite sleeps six adults. Winners will be selected in a random drawing from the eligible entries submitted online. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received. Prizes will be awarded and winner will be notified by e-mail. Prizes are nontransferable and no substitutions are allowed, except by the Sponsor who reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable. Sponsor and its Affiliates assume no responsibility or liability for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use of any prize. Winners are required to respond to the e-mail notification within 72 hours and receive confirmation of their response. If winner is unreachable after 72 hours, or if winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected at random from all remaining eligible entries received.
- Eligibility: Promotion open to legal residents of the Continental United States, 21 years of age or older as of August 20, 2008 with some restrictions. Employees of the Sponsors, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotional agencies, website providers/webmasters and immediate family members (and those living in their same households) of each employee are not eligible. This offer is void wherever prohibited or restricted by national, state, municipal, provincial or any other government laws. This offer is subject to all federal, state, local, municipal, provincial and local laws. By entering this Promotion, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these official rules and acknowledges that they have read the eligibility requirements and that he/she meets those requirements.
- Prize Terms and Conditions: Prizes are subject to availability and restrictions. Dates the Chippewa Hotel is available are defined and cannot be changed without consent by the Chippewa Hotel. Winners are responsible for transportation to and from the Chippewa Hotel location. All taxes, gratuities and incidental expenses are the sole responsibility of winner. These prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash, transferred, assigned or substituted. All sweepstakes sponsors will agree to release claims against the sponsor and other providers for this contest.
- General Rules & Conditions:
- Return of e-mail prize notification as undeliverable or failure of contestant to respond to notification may result in disqualification and alternate selection drawn.
- Winners grant permission to MyNorth.com, Sponsor, and those acting under its authority, to use his/her name, likeness, voice and/or hometown, for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Winners waive the right to review, inspect or approve the finished product wherein Winners’ name, likeness, voice and/or hometown appear.
- Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers of prizes, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability or injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from this Promotion, any prize won or in any Promotion-related activity.
- Any taxes related to the prize are the responsibility of the winners.
- Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Promotion which may limit the ability to participate or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this promotion.
- In its sole determination, Sponsor may disqualify any person who tampers with or abuses any aspect of the Promotion or website, or who acts in violation of the Official Rules, or acts in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person.
- Should any portion of the Promotion, in MyNorth’s or the Sponsor’s sole opinion, be compromised by virus, software defects, non-authorized human intervention or other causes thus corrupting or impairing administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Promotion, or submission of entries, Sponsor may suspend, modify, or terminate the Promotion and randomly select winners from valid Internet entries received prior to such action.
- Disputes: In the event of any dispute, all parties agree that the judgment and determination of Prism Publications, Inc. will be final and binding in the awarding of the Chippewa Hotel Contest. In event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the winner will be the authorized account holder of the e-mail account used to enter the Promotion. The potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and its Affiliate Destinations and will not be returned to entrant.
- Winners’ List: Names of the winners will be available after August 25, 2008.
Entrants may enter the contest on the website once per week per email.