MyNorth Official Contest Rules
1. How to Enter: No purchase necessary. Select the contest link; submit all required entry information and opt-in to receive future e-mails. All entries must be received between the opening date and the closing date of the contest to be eligible for the final drawing–refer to contest information. To qualify for the drawing entrants must provide valid and correct information. Entries must be legible. Entries must include a valid name and email address. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter is prohibited.
2. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or failure, whether caused by website users, tampering, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this promotion and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, defect, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized website access to, or alteration of, entries.
3. Winner Selection: Winner will be selected on or shortly after contest closing date. Winner will receive an email notification from MyNorth staff. Winner must confirm acceptance of prize within three days of MyNorth sending email notification. Winner will need to communicate with MyNorth staff to arrange prize pick-up. Return of e-mail prize notification as undeliverable or failure of contestant to respond to notification may result in disqualification and alternate selection drawn.
4. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received. Prizes are nontransferable and no substitutions are allowed, except by the Sponsor who reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable. Sponsor and its Affiliates assume no responsibility or liability for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use of any prize. Winners are required to respond to the email notification within 72 hours and receive confirmation of their response. If winner is unreachable after 72 hours, or if winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected at random from all remaining eligible entries received.
5. Eligibility: Promotion open to legal residents of the Continental United States, 21 years of age or older on or before the opening date of the contest–refer to contest information for opening date. Employees of the Sponsors, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotional agencies, website providers/webmasters and immediate family members (and those living in their same households) of each employee are not eligible.
6. This offer is void wherever prohibited or restricted by national, state, municipal, provincial or any other government laws. This offer is subject to all federal, state, local, municipal, provincial and local laws. By entering this Promotion, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these official rules and acknowledges that they have read the eligibility requirements and that he/she meets those requirements.
7. Prize Terms and Conditions: Prize packages are described on Entry Form pages. Prizes are subject to availability and restrictions. Sponsor dates that become unavailable are defined and cannot be changed without consent of sponsor. Winners are responsible for transportation. All taxes, gratuities and incidental expenses are the sole responsibility of winner. These prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash, transferred, assigned or substituted.
8. Winners grant permission to MyNorth.com, Sponsor, and those acting under its authority, to use his/her name, likeness, voice and/or hometown, for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Winners waive the right to review, inspect or approve the finished product wherein Winners‚ name, likeness, voice and/or hometown appear.
9. Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers of prizes, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability or injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from this Promotion, any prize won or in any Promotion-related activity. All sweepstakes entrants will agree to release claims against the sponsor and other providers for this contest.
10. Any taxes related to the prize are the responsibility of the winners. If prize package value exceeds $600, MyNorth.com will report this prize to the IRS for appropriate taxes.
11. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Promotion which may limit the ability to participate or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this promotion.
12. In its sole determination, MyNorth.com or Sponsor may disqualify any person who tampers with or abuses any aspect of the Promotion or website, or who acts in violation of the Official Rules, or acts in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person. Should any portion of the Promotion, in MyNorth‚ or the Sponsor’s sole opinion, be compromised by virus, software defects, non-authorized human intervention or other causes thus corrupting or impairing administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Promotion, or submission of entries, Sponsor may suspend, modify, or terminate the Promotion and randomly select winners from valid Internet entries received prior to such action.
13. Disputes: In the event of any dispute, all parties agree that the judgment and determination of Prism Publications, Inc. will be final and binding in the awarding of the prize. In event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the winner will be the authorized account holder of the e-mail account used to enter the Promotion. The potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and its Affiliate Destinations and will not be returned to entrant.
14. As a benefit of entering a MyNorth contest or downloading a free article, all participants will be subscribed, free, to MyNorth’s email newsletters to deliver you articles on Northern Michigan travel news, discounts, deals and promotions including more contests like this one. Most newsletters are monthly and include: MyNorth Food & Wine, MyNorth Getting Up North, MyNorth TicketWire, MyNorth Style, MyNorth Kids Up North and MyNorth Outdoors. Some newsletters are daily, like The Daily Splash. All newsletters contain ads to help support the labor and cost of producing the free newsletters. Once per month or less, participants may also receive a sponsored email from a MyNorth advertiser. Entrants may unsubscribe from any newsletter at any time for free.