Shanty Creek Resorts has a mountain of deals and specials! Comprised of Schuss Mountain and Summit Mountain, Shanty Creek has events and specials all winter long to keep the whole family happy. All-day equipment rentals run $20 at Summit, and $29 and $39 for kids and adults respectively at Schuss.
Schuss Mountain lift tickets for the entire weekday range from $40 for children, $42 for teens and seniors, and $45 for adults. Weekend lift ticket prices are $50 for children, $52 for teens and seniors and $62 for adults. Pack everyone you can into a car and take advantage of Schuss Mountains Sardine Special: from 9-4:30 everyone in one carload can ski for $49 on 12/20, $149 on 1/5, $199 on 1/20, and $149 on 2/2. Other deals for Schuss include $10 ski nights on Wednesdays, and college student deals of $20 lift tickets Sun – Fri and $5 off any lift ticket, anytime.
Summit Mountain is open Friday thru Sunday and the prices are equal for all ages. Lift tickets on Friday are $10, $20 on Saturday and $15 on Sunday. The weekend special at Summit is Friday night through Sunday and runs $28. The Sardine Specials this year are January 5th and February 2nd and run only $49 for the entire carload!
Shanty Creek is one of Northern Michigan’s top resorts for unique winter events. The Annual Slush Cup, held the first weekend of March includes a frozen fish toss, snow shovel race, seal slide, and silly slalom. The weekend is highlighted by the Slush Cup, where participants try to cross a 40 ft pond on skis or snowboard.
Other winter activities at Shanty Creek Resort include Alpine Tubing for the non-skiers in your crew, showshoeing, dogsled races, and indoor and outdoor heated pools! Be sure to check the Shanty Creek website for new events and online only deals.
More on Hitting the Slopes in Northern Michigan
- Ski Deals at Northern Lower and Upper Peninsula Resorts!
- Great Places to Learn to Ski—At Any Age
- Three Ski Towns to Explore
- Ski Town Take-Out
- Hot Apres Ski Towns
- Video: Terrain Park at Crystal Mountain
- Ski Guide: Swank or Spare?
- Post Slope Spa Treatments
- Where to Get Your Skis Tuned
- Our Favorite Ski Slopes Names
- Master the U.P. Backcountry on Skiis
- Money Saving Tips for the Ski Season
- Ski and Snowboard Clothing and Gear for Northern Michigan Ski Slopes
- Interview with Slopeside Bartender
- Air Born: Ski Jumping in the U.P.
- Mackinac Island Ski Getaway
- The Ultimate Guide to Winter
- 2009 Ski and Snowboard Pass Deals at Northern Michigan Ski Resorts