Make your ski trip a multi-day adventure without ever leaving the groomed trails, mountainside eateries and cozy ski-in, ski-out condos. Knowledgeable instructors are on hand to cater to skiers of every skill level, whether you just need to brush up or start from the beginning. The resort is open four nights a week for night skiing.
Time your visit to Pine Mountain right, and you could see a world class ski jump competition. Held annually right in Iron Mountain, Michigan and heralded as the best ski jump competition in the United States is the Pine Mountain Ski Jump Tournament. Every year around 20,000 spectators make the trip to witness world class competition. The current world record of 459 feet was set here.
Pine Mountain is the only resort in the Upper Peninsula where 2 kids ages 12 & under ski free with the purchase of each adult lift ticket.
More on Hitting the Slopes in Northern Michigan
- Ski Deals at Northern Lower and Upper Peninsula Resorts!
- Great Places to Learn to Ski—At Any Age
- Three Ski Towns to Explore
- Ski Town Take-Out
- Hot Apres Ski Towns
- Video: Terrain Park at Crystal Mountain
- Ski Guide: Swank or Spare?
- Post Slope Spa Treatments
- Where to Get Your Skis Tuned
- Our Favorite Ski Slopes Names
- Master the U.P. Backcountry on Skiis
- Money Saving Tips for the Ski Season
- Ski and Snowboard Clothing and Gear for Northern Michigan Ski Slopes
- Interview with Slopeside Bartender
- Air Born: Ski Jumping in the U.P.
- Mackinac Island Ski Getaway
- The Ultimate Guide to Winter
- 2009 Ski and Snowboard Pass Deals at Northern Michigan Ski Resorts