Nub’s Nob, celebrating 56 years of winter fun, picked up “Michigan’s Best Ski Resort” by Oakland Press’s 2008 Reader Survey and in 2007 was ranked No. 1 Terrain Park in the country and No. 4 in Grooming according to Ski Magazine. The resort isn’t resting on its laurels though. It expanded the snowmaking water and power distribution system and added another 6 snow guns, bringing the total to 282. All the snow guns were invented and patented on the premises. Nub’s (as it is affectionately called by locals and others) also added a new snow grooming machine by Pisten Bully. Last year, all new rental equipment, including ski boots and bindings, was added. Nub’s is known for high quality snow, service, and the Midwest’s best family atmosphere.
Nub’s as it is colloquially called by the locals, features tons of unique events and activities that rival any resort in the Midwest. With plenty of race leagues and other competitions for skiers and boarders of all skill levels, Nub’s is busy until the end of March with attractions.
Come out for the family-oriented Mardi Gras celebration in March, featuring the Soaker Cup Challenge, Costume Contest, and Crazy Couples.
Four to five hours of night skiing Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. $31 per adult, $27 per teenager and $23 per child, except holidays. Click here for more ski deals at Northern Michigan resorts.
More on Hitting the Slopes in Northern Michigan
- Ski Deals at Northern Lower and Upper Peninsula Resorts!
- Great Places to Learn to Ski—At Any Age
- Three Ski Towns to Explore
- Ski Town Take-Out
- Hot Apres Ski Towns
- Video: Terrain Park at Crystal Mountain
- Ski Guide: Swank or Spare?
- Post Slope Spa Treatments
- Where to Get Your Skiis Tuned
- Our Favorite Ski Slopes Names
- Master the U.P. Backcountry on Skiis
- Money Saving Tips for the Ski Season
- Ski and Snowboard Clothing and Gear for Northern Michigan Ski Slopes
- Interview with Slopeside Bartender
- Air Born: Ski Jumping in the U.P.
- Mackinac Island Ski Getaway
- The Ultimate Guide to Winter
- 2009 Ski and Snowboard Pass Deals at Northern Michigan Ski Resorts