Known for its wide-ranging trail diversity, Marquette Mountain claims the title of an “everything for everyone” resort and boasts a variety of long easy runs, steep cruisers and gladed tree runs. A full-day lift ticket here really means all day—Marquette stays open for 12 hours straight on Saturdays with no downtime between day and night skiing. No need for new tickets when dusk rolls in either. No snow? No problem. This season, infrastructure improvements raise the bar on overall performance and amp up snowmaking capabilities. Take advantage of College Night every Saturday, lift ticket and rental for $15 or Date Night every Friday, 2 for 1 lift tickets and rental.
On January 27th, it's the Rubber Ducky Hunt, free for anyone with a lift ticket. The mountain crew will hide 2000 rubber duckies all over the mountain. At 1 p.m., the lift starts again, and the team that finds the most rubber duckies gets $500! Also: March 16-18, enjoy the Marquette Mountain Spring Carnival for all ages and abilities. Tons of fun carnival snow events with up to $7000 in door prizes, and the special Olympics Polar Plunge. Special deals for the 2010-2011 season: Carload Days. You pay $50 per vehicle and everyone in the vehicle gets a lift ticket, no matter how many you pack in! Dates are 12/16, 1/6, 2/3, 3/10. Also: the Brodown Sho Down and Super Park events, both centered on freestyle snowboarding and skiing, are proven crowd-pleasers in March.
Family Package – 4 people for $127, must be 2 adults/2 kids or 1 adult 3 kids or midweek special – $39 lift and rental.
More on Hitting the Slopes in Northern Michigan
- Ski Deals at Northern Lower and Upper Peninsula Resorts!
- Great Places to Learn to Ski—At Any Age
- Three Ski Towns to Explore
- Ski Town Take-Out
- Hot Apres Ski Towns
- Video: Terrain Park at Crystal Mountain
- Ski Guide: Swank or Spare?
- Post Slope Spa Treatments
- Where to Get Your Skis Tuned
- Our Favorite Ski Slopes Names
- Master the U.P. Backcountry on Skis
- Money Saving Tips for the Ski Season
- Ski and Snowboard Clothing and Gear for Northern Michigan Ski Slopes
- Interview with Slopeside Bartender
- Air Born: Ski Jumping in the U.P.
- Mackinac Island Ski Getaway
- The Ultimate Guide to Winter
- 2009 Ski and Snowboard Pass Deals at Northern Michigan Ski Resorts