At Boyne Highlands Resort and Boyne Mountain Resort, Michigan’s two largest ski areas with a combined 850 skiable acres and 115 trails, the 2013-14 season brings numerous improvements including new groomers and snow guns, an extensive hotel renovation, a fleet of cutting-edge rental skis and terrain park enhancements. Boyne Highlands boasts four terrain parks with a skier/boarder cross course, an eight-foot wall feature and halfpipe. Check out Boyne’s Twin Zip rides, too! The Twin Zip experience is $15 per person and includes two rides. You can also opt for the Zipline Adventure, a two-and-a-half hour guided tour of up to nine ziplines priced from $59, also available at both Boyne Highlands and Boyne Mountain. New this year: Beyond hosting Thursday race league, Boyne Highlands is adding to the competitive series with Friday night racing. The new Friday racing will take place on South Challenger, which provides a steeper pitch for the more aggressive skier. New Fleet of Rental Skis: Boyne Highlands has purchased 400 new pairs of Head Link skis to be available for guest use from equipment rental. The progressive skis feature MultiRadius and MultiCamber construction and are shaped with an early rise in tip and tail making it easier for skiers to initiate and hold through turns. The Midwest’s best snow is not just a pledge, it’s a guarantee. Boyne Highlands has added on-board air compressors to six Low-E snow guns, enabling greater placement options and versatility in snowmaking. Boyne Highlands also purchased a brand new PistenBully groomer, together valued at half a million dollars. The new snow cats will help convert fresh snow to smooth corduroy and will groom all surfaces, including those within the resorts’ 12 terrain parks.
Boyne’s Ski Week Package is offered throughout the winter season starting at $533 per person/per week. Children ages 8 and under sleep, ski/ride and eat breakfast for free and rate for juniors deeply discounted. Package available at Boyne Highlands and Boyne Mountain.
Boyne Ski Week includes:
* Five nights’ lodging, Sunday-Thursday, at Boyne Highlands or Boyne Mountain
* Three meals daily beginning with dinner on Sunday and ending with lunch on Friday
* Unlimited lift ticket, Monday-Friday
* 2-hour group lessons, Monday-Friday for ages 9+ * Tubing
Packages start at just $109 per person/per night. Lift and Lodge Package includes:
* BOYNE Unlimited lift ticket, valid at both Boyne Highlands and Boyne Mountain * Overnight accommodations at Boyne Highlands, Boyne Mountain or The Inn at Bay Harbor
* Hot breakfast
* Tubing Children ages 8 and under sleep, ski and eat breakfast free when staying with an adult and juniors 9-15 are deeply discounted.
Cross Country Skiing Package from $90