Minimalist farm-to-table recipes created with local fresh produce paired with homemade infused oils, dressings, marinades, pestos and sauces. By eating seasonally, we reap the benefits of good health through nutrition from fresh, unprocessed and sustainable produce.
For more on cooking and eating locally, vist Kristin’s blog The Intentional Minimalist.
This recipe features local produce from 9 Bean Rows Farm, Providence Farm, Spring Hollow Farm and locally produced products from Food for Thought.
- Ingredients Farm fresh local wild leeks
- Farm fresh local garlic scapes
- Farm fresh local mint
- Farm fresh local cilantro
- Farm fresh local radishes
- Farm fresh local china rose micro greens
- Farm fresh local red bok choi
- Farm fresh local turnip
- Farm fresh local jalapeno
- Farm fresh local cucumber
- Local raw wild star thistle honey
- Local wild leek vinegar
- Wild leek infused olive oil (recipe link) Sea salt
Mince one cup cucumber, one half cup radish, one half cup turnip, one half cup leek whites and add to a large glass bowl.
Remove jalapeno seeds, mince jalapeno, zest lime, mince lime zest and juice lime. Add jalapeno , zest and juice to glass bowl and stir in with one eighth salt.
Mince one quarter cup mint leaves, one half-one cup cilantro, two tablespoons garlic scapes and stir in glass bowl. Add one teaspoon honey, two tablespoons oil, one tablespoon vinegar and one-two cups micro greens to the salsa. Stir well and let sit for five minutes.
Trim stems of bok choi leaves and wash leaves. Plate bok choi with one-two leaves filled with salsa, then plate extra bok choi leaves, lime wedges and serve with a bowl of salsa to make additional wraps.