- 1 5 1/2-ounce log soft, fresh goat cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup chopped watercress leaves
- 8 thin slices cherry walnut bread (available at Bay Bread in Traverse City)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup finely chopped, toasted pecans
- Watercress sprigs (for garnish)
Mix cheese and chopped watercress in medium bowl. Season with salt. Spread mixture evenly over 4 bread slices. Top with remaining bread. Butter edges of sandwiches. Cut sandwiches diagonally in half. Place pecans on plate. Dip buttered edges of sandwiches into pecans. Arrange sandwiches on platter. Garnish with watercress sprigs. (Cover sandwiches tightly; chill. Can be made 8 hours ahead.) Makes 8 servings.