1 1⁄2 cups bulgur wheat (find with baking goods or rice in stores)
1 to 2 teaspoons salt
2 cups boiling water
1/4 cup vegetable oil (olive or canola) 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 cups finely chopped flat leaf parsley
3/4 cup finely chopped mint
4 cups washed and chopped strawberries
1/2 cup nuts (almond slivers, walnuts, pecan crumbles or chopped nuts)
1. In a large bowl, combine bulgur and salt.
2. Add boiling water, cover and let sit for 30 minutes.
3. Remove cover and fluff bulgur with a fork.
4. Stir in olive oil and lemon juice. Add parsley, mint and strawberries.
5. Cover and refrigerate to blend flavors.
6. When ready to serve, add toasted nuts and toss to mix.