Northern Michigan Recipe: We found this incredibly simple, fresh and healthy dessert on Martha Stewart Living, and couldn’t imagine a more perfect summertime dish for Northern Michigan. Use local cherries, peaches, apricots and honey (we’d recommend Food for Thought’s Wild Star Thistle Honey) and enjoy the taste of summertime.
Check out this recipe and more on the Martha Steward Living website!
- 1/2 cup blanched whole almonds
- 2 tablespoons almond oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces fresh ricotta cheese
- Assorted stone fruits, such as 2 sliced nectarines, 2 halved or whole small red or yellow plums, 16 white or red cherries
- 3 tablespoons wildflower or orange-blossom honey
- Heat almonds and oil in a skillet over medium heat, tossing occasionally, until almonds are lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer almonds to a plate to cool; discard oil.
- Stir together cheeses, then mound on a platter, making a small well in the center with the back of a spoon. Surround with fruits and toasted almonds. Drizzle honey into center of cheese.