- 2 1/2 pounds medium asparagus
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 bunches fresh chives
Put oven rack in lower third of oven and preheat oven to 500°F. Toss asparagus with oil, salt, and pepper in a large baking pan and arrange in a layer. Roast, shaking pan once about halfway through roasting, until asparagus is just tender, about 8 minutes total. To serve, tie a few spears into bundles using chives and sprinkle with blue cheese and bacon. Makes 6 servings.