- Dab of butter for greasing pan
- 3⁄4 cup cake flour + a dusting for greased pan
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 egg whites
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- Zest of one orange
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 cups Domino’s 10X confectioners sugar
Yield—one 7-inch Bundt cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cake pan with butter, and dust with flour. Mix flour, sugar (minus 1 tablespoon), baking powder and salt in a large bowl. In another bowl combine oil, egg yolks, orange juice and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients.
Whip egg whites with cream of tartar and the remaining tablespoon of sugar to medium-firm peaks. Gently fold one-third of the whites into the batter until a few streaks of egg remain. Fold the remaining two-thirds of the whites into the batter. Bake for approximately 25 to 35 minutes.
Mix ingredients to make a thick glaze. Pour over cooled cake.