Northern Michigan Recipes: Local foodie Kristin Celeste Shroeger is an aspiring minimalist who creates farm-to-table recipes based on her 9 Bean Rows community supported agriculture (CSA) weekly farm share. Recipes feature seasonal CSA greens, fruits, vegetables, herbs, eggs and artisan breads paired with zero-waste organic pantry staples from Traverse City’s Oryana Natural Foods Cooperative and weekly organic farmer’s market finds.
Kirstin explains: “Cooking with what is on hand paired with striving to create new farm-to-table recipes each week leads to creative recipes and good health through nutrition from eating fresh, unprocessed, seasonal and sustainable produce.”
Kristin bases her recipes on infused organic oils, organic vinegars and organic pestos that she makes in her minimalist kitchen from seasonal CSA herbs, vegetables and fruits. Visit Kristin’s food blog, The Intentional Minimalist, at http://theintentionalminimalist.blogspot.com.
- 9 Bean Rows roasted farm fresh natural free-range chicken
- 9 Bean Rows organic baby greens
- 9 Bean Rows organic pea shoots
- 9 Bean Rows organic red onion
- Leelanau Cheese fromage blanc cheese
- Food for Thought organic cherry raspberry preserves
- Food for Thought organic honey mustard
- Farmer’s market prepared horseradish
- Farmer’s market organic rosemary
- 9 Bean Rows artisan baguette
Slice red onion, mince one sprig rosemary and shred roasted chicken. Whisk two tablespoons preserves with one teaspoon horseradish, two teaspoons mustard and rosemary. Spread one tablespoon cheese on baguette. Top with baby greens, red onions, chicken and pea shoots.