Darric Newman, the third generation to take the helm of Traverse City’s family market Folgarelli’s, tells us that this simple combination of ingredients delivers big on ﬂavor. Purchase them from Folgarelli’s deli case or make the recipe yourself for a light summer supper.
- 4 tomatoes, quartered and cut into small pieces
- 4 stalks celery, diced small
- 1/2 Margherita pepperoni
- 2 thick slices of Mastro genoa salami, cubed
- 2 thick slices of Fontinella cheese, cubed
- 1 pint giardiniera
- 10 pitted Sicilian olives, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup Folgarelli’s Marge’s Italian dressing
- 1/2 red onion, diced
Cut pepperoni stick in half lengthwise and then cut into thin half-moons by hand. Take pepperoncini from the giardiniera, remove stems and cut into small rings. Dice remaining giardiniera into smaller pieces. Toss all ingredients with dressing.