What ripe Michigan tomatoes that don’t get sliced and marinated become Mollie Roger’s favorite gazpacho at the Chimney Corners Resort in Northern Michigan.
- 4 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 large green pepper, seeded, sliced
- 1 small onion, chunked
- 1 cucumber, peeled, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup ice water
Pulse ingredients in a blender or food processor—don’t reduce everything to mush. Serves 4. (I generally double or triple the recipe. Can’t have too much gazpacho).