Lil Bo Pub & Grille served this cozy, cheesy favorite with a red pepper twist at the Women’s Winter Tour. It’s the perfect way to warm up after a day cross-country skiing or snowshoeing. And it makes a lovely addition to a lunch, brunch or as a dinner side dish all year long.
- ¾ to 1 pound of crumbled bleu cheese
- 1 1/2 quarts double garlic cream sauce
- 2 pounds cooked (al dente) and rinsed macaroni
- 1/2 can roasted red peppers – diced
- 1 1/2 pounds GFS four-cheese blend
Double Garlic Cream Sauce
- 1 1/2 quarts heavy cream
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic (more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons beef base
- 1 pat butter
Put all ingredients in sauce pan over medium heat. Stir until all ingredients are blended together. Salt & pepper to taste.
Continue to heat until bleu cheese melts into the sauce.
Mix macaroni, cream sauce, roasted red peppers and cheese blend in a 9×12 baking dish.
Bake for 2 hours at 350° F. Serves 10.