- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, washed
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 English muffins or slices rye bread
- 2 tablespoons Cotswold Double Gloucester cheese (or Monterey Jack or cheddar), grated, or
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- Salt and pepper
Heat at least 2 inches of water in a deep skillet to a gentle simmer. Add spinach and blanche for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain and set aside. Add vinegar to water (to hold the eggs together). Drop eggs into simmering water.
Toast English muffins. Simmer eggs 3 to 4 minutes for soft yolks. Place the English muffins on a plate and top with spinach. Place poached eggs on spinach and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with cheese.
Serves 1. Recipe is easily multiplied.