Florine Mark of Weight Watchers grills up summer cottage favorites like this unique pear recipe by her lakeside home in Olmena year after year. Now, thanks to Weight Watchers you can grill without guilt this summer!
- 1 medium pear, Bartlett, very ripe1 tablespoon honey
- 6 shelled hazelnuts, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons uncooked old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 teaspoons unpacked brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pear nectar
Preheat grill. Peel, halve and core pear. Cut a small slice off the rounded side of each pear half so halves won’t wobble on grill. Set pear halves on the grill, flat side down; brush with honey. Grill 10 minutes on each side, brushing occasionally with honey.
While pears are grilling, make filling. In a small pan, stir together hazelnuts and oats over medium heat until lightly toasted. Stir in butter until it melts. Remove from heat; stir in sugar and nectar. When pears are hot and tender, spoon filling into centers and serve.